Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Free Birthday Dessert.

Go down

The Free Birthday Dessert. Empty The Free Birthday Dessert.

Post  dys167 Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 am

This happened a few years back, at my first serving job actually, and taught me a valuable lesson...

It was about three in the afternoon and the restauarnt was completely deserted. From a distance I could see a man slowly, but surely approaching. I had nothing to do at the time, so decided to wait at the seaters' podium and greet him.

He walked in, looked at me and asked if we did anything for birthdays.

We gave out a free dessert and sang "Happy Birthday", I replied.

His eyes lit up. "That's cool", he said.

Now, to me the conversation was over and I expected him to turn away to get his friends or come back another day. Instead he said it would be just him...

A little perplexed, I grabbed a menu and brought him to a table.

He sat down and just as I was going to put the menu down said "Oh, I won't be needing that. I'll just have a water and my dessert please. It's my birthday."

I looked at him trying to find any signs that he was joking... He wasn't. As I walked away, he added "and I won't need the song".

After checking with the manager, he got his free dessert, finished half of it and requested a box for the rest of it.

The valuable lesson: we don't give out free desserts, but serve free desserts with the purchase of an entree... Be precise and avoid possible loopholes.

dys167
Admin

http://www.RoslynHealthStore.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum